Thursday, September 13, 2007

iMediaConnect Brand Summit


Last night I flew back into New York from lovely San Diego, California. During my flight I was thinking about what an incredible show it was. The iMedia Connect Brand Summit had to be the most professional, organized, and efficient, conference I've ever attended in my ten years of my career.

The crowd pleasing highlight of the event had to be the one minute speed dating. Imagine a room full of the largest brands you can imagine, all allowing you 60 seconds to hit them with your elevator pitch, and see if you can't help their business in some way. Awesome, just awesome.

I have to admit that at first I was a bit sceptical, but after getting past that initial fear, the session was fantastic. It was a breakneck speed, and you had to have your act together. In the end it was the ultimate ice breaker. After trying to tell someone about Azoogle, and then ask them what they do for say...Etrade, the minute was up, but now you can approach a familiar face at events later in the day.

I was impressed by the pure energy of the attendants as well. Everyone was there not only to network, and have fun, but also to share learning, and to help make everyone better at online advertising and marketing. The round table discussions were incredibly informative. I mean, think about it...when was the last time you got to sit at a table with Sr. Level Executives at Doubleclick, Ave A, Sony, AND Revlon to chat about "what's next in the online world"!!

This is one conference that should be a "must attend" for anyone in the online world.

Some of the topics discussed: CPA, CPM, Widgets, Intext Adveterising, Online Video ads, Podcasts.

No comments:

Subscribe Now: standardSmall

My Favorites

 

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://christopherdessi.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.