Thursday, August 16, 2007

Saying Goodbye to Good Friends at Work

Last night a few of my co-workers said goodbye to one of our own, Chris Mentzer. Chris is not only making a career move, but a life change, as he heads to the Mid-West to live in Chicago. Chris is leaving our New York office for personal reasons, and we're all really happy that he'll be closer to his daughter, and won't have to rush to catch flights every weekend just to see her!

But this is one guy that I'm really going to miss. I don't know about you, but I consider myself really lucky to not only work with smart great people, but I feel lucky that I've become really good friends with a lot of these people.

This October is my two year anniversary here at Azoogle. Chris and I started at Azoogle on the same day. In fact, we met in the lobby because we showed up at the same exact time. Chris and I had both worked at Mediaplex, but at different times. So we both "knew of" each other. Immediately we became friendly. We were two guys in an office of 5 or 6 people. We sat next to each other, and shared lots of jokes and headaches throughout his tenure. We saw our office explode, and hire 50 or so new employees, and saw us move into our new office space in less than two years.. We closed lots of business, and of course shared a lot of cocktails.

I think it’s rare these days to be lucky enough to truly enjoy Co-workers company inside and out of the office. Chris was always the social ring-leader. I’m bummed to see him go, and consider myself luck to call him a friend.

Keep in touch Mentz….we miss ya buddy.
-Dessi

No comments:

Subscribe Now: standardSmall

My Favorites

 

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://christopherdessi.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.