Wednesday, July 23, 2008

1/2 Marathon


This coming Sunday I'll be competing in my first ever 1/2 Marathon. After catching the running bug a few months back (I entered a 5k, then a 10k and now the 1/2 marathon), I'm feeling better than when I was 25. It's amazing what your body can do when you set a goal, define a road map to meet that goal, and execute.

I can't help but make the connection to our daily business lives. How many of us say "I want to be a CEO", but never map out the strategy to get there? Recently I've been able to start road maps outlining different aspirations in my life. What stimulated my recently found laser focus was that I stumbled upon a list of "things to do before I die" that I'd created when I was about 20, and updated when I was about 22. I had to take a moment to say "well done" because there were more boxes checked off than I expected when I first found the document. Afterward my wife and I sat down to review the list. We both agreed that I should map out what steps I need to take to accomplish each thing on my list. She also encouraged me to seriously evaluate the validity of said list. The activity in contention was "make-out with a Playboy bunny"....unless my wife decides to pose for the "hot wives of westchester" addition, I think I'll have to remove that one, but I digress.

I'll keep you posted on the 1/2 marathon, and hopefully I start posting my progress on some of the "things to do before I die"...

oh yeah...here's a pic of my triumphant finishing of my 10k on Father's Day!

No comments:

Subscribe Now: standardSmall

My Favorites

 

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://christopherdessi.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.